{ 16 comments… read them below or add one }

Patrice Clark January 23, 2010 at 6:10 PM

last night I was able to post photos on my face book page. Today I could not. I researched also looked at all the posts telling what they actually did to fix their problem. Still nothing. I can do everything like post video etc…..the only problem is uploading photos. Now What? Should I delete my entire facebook account and start anew? Please help. Thank you, Patrice Clark

Kimberly February 3, 2010 at 6:37 PM

Sorry for the delay in responding Patrice. Hopefully your situation has been resolved by now. Just FYI, the only way you can delete your account is by asking Facebook to do it. I hope you didn’t have to resort to those measures. – Kimberly

JSR February 15, 2010 at 8:44 PM

Hi, would you by any chance know what happens to a FanPage I control when I deactivate my facebook account? I want to make sure that it stays on facebook. I’m not the only admin so there will be someone to handle it in my absence but I don’t want to take any chances since I’m the one that created it. Thank you :)

Kimberly February 24, 2010 at 7:05 PM

Please read the comments under this blog post (http://www.howtousefacebookforbusiness.com/2009/10/unlink-fan-page-from-personal-account/) for information that should help with your situation.

Dark Minds July 28, 2010 at 4:05 PM

THANK YOU!

Finally, someone has the answer I’ve been looking for: how to permanently delete a facebook page! I had tried setting up an official website business page, and made a mistake that would have left it in violation of Facebook’s TOS. Thanks to your insight on how to permanently delete a damn Facebook page, I can start fresh! Ugh! What a horrid customer service experience w/ FB! Damn “necessary” evils >:P (lol) Take care!

Sincerely,
G.C.M.
Owner/Founder/Admin of DarkMinds.com

Jpak April 2, 2011 at 7:55 PM

I just got an email from “the facebook team” saying they were deleting my account due to outrageous behavior. What? They wanted me to log in and give my password within 2 days. Sounds fishy to me. Anyone else have this happen to them? If so, what do I do next?

Tilak July 19, 2011 at 12:38 AM

Hi there,

Accidently, I permanently deleted my facebook page (not my account). Would you please let me know who to reactivate the page?

Thanks,
Tilak

Kimberly Yow August 8, 2011 at 9:49 PM

Hi – Unfortunately, if you deleted a Facebook page (a.k.a. business page or fan page), you can Not get it back. – Kimberly

sid August 10, 2011 at 3:03 PM

Dear kimverly yow,
on 8th Aug 2011 my account has been locked because of some security reasons, i dont know how to get it back..i ll be thankful if you help me to regain my account.
many thanks

Kimberly Yow August 11, 2011 at 8:53 PM

From the Facebook website:

Security disabled Accounts that have been reported or detected as compromised or phished may be disabled by Facebook. If you think your account was disabled for security reasons, refer to the Security section of the Help Center to find the correct contact form.

Here is the link to the “Security Section”: http://www.facebook.com/help.php?page=420. If that page doesn’t answer your question, try this one: http://www.facebook.com/help/?page=1048.

sam August 16, 2011 at 2:20 AM

If I deactivate then reactivate my account will all my fan pages come back complete also ?

Kimberly Yow September 4, 2011 at 12:59 PM

If you are the only fan page admin when you deactivate your account, then ‘no’, I do not believe your fan pages will reappear if you reactivate your account. I haven’t ever tested this so I’m not positive…but I’d say you should strive to be safe…not sorry. With that in mind, make at least one other person (who has a personal account on Facebook) an admin of your pages so the pages don’t disappear. Then you can safely deactivate your account and the new admin will have access to the pages and be able to add you as an admin in the future if you decide to reactivate your account. – I hope that helps. – Kimberly

emil September 4, 2011 at 4:50 AM

my friend deactivated my account ..now i cannot activate it back..
i lost all my friends everything..its really painfull..pleasehelp me..
wen i login again..they said a confirmation is sent to my email..but after i click the confirmation link..nothing hapens..and it says i ahve toconfirm my email…to continue..
pls help me..plss

Kimberly Yow September 4, 2011 at 12:49 PM

Emil – Below is info copied from the Facebook help center:

QUESTION: How do I reactivate my account?
ANSWER: If you deactivated your account, you can reactivate it at any time simply by logging in with your login email address and password.

If you do not remember your password, you can reset it here.
If you can’t remember which email address you use to log in to Facebook, click here.
If you have other problems logging in to your account, please review the frequently asked questions listed in the Login and Password section of the Help Center.

Tip: If your account has been disabled for security reasons or due to a violation of Facebook’s Statement of Rights and Responsibilities, you may need to contact us to regain access to your account.

Hopefully the above info will steer you in the right direction.

Kimberly

If your account was truly just “deactivated” via the Facebook Security Settings page, all you need to do to reactivate the account is log into your account using your lo

Lisa Walden April 25, 2012 at 3:46 PM

My Father has passed away and I am the executor of the estate and need to remove his facebook account. Do not have the password to do so. Do not know how to contact facebook to get this done. Tried to ask a question and I didn’t get through.

Thanks, Lisa

Kimberly Yow April 25, 2012 at 5:17 PM

Hi Lisa,

I’m sorry for your loss.

Use this link if you want the account “removed” from Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/help/?faq=265593773453448.

Use this link if you want the account “memorialized”: http://www.facebook.com/help/?faq=150486848354038#How-do-I-report-a-deceased-user-or-an-account-that-needs-to-be-memorialized-or-deleted?.

Hope that helps,